Monday, September 17, 2018

Housewarming Dress

My first smocked dress! I wrote about the making of it here, and now I present to you the final photos!

The finished dress!

Laid flat. This shows the color a bit better.


Close up of the smocking.



Back view.




























Totally cute buttons and hand-sewn button loops.




























Inside view. I just pinked the seams- next time I'll probably do
French seams for a more refined finish.

Neck binding, hand sewn to the
inside. Look at all those pleats!

Sleeve bindings were also
hand sewn to the inside.

Placket. This was all machine sewn.
Next time I might slip stitch the inside. 



















Blind hem, done by hand. Can you find the stitches?

And now, of course, a few photos of my Fluffernutter modeling her lovely new dress. My heart just about burst when I first put it on~ after such a rollercoaster ride making it, it was thrilling to see how perfectly cute it looked on her!

My sweetie pie!




























So precious!

I love this kid!



So there you have it! I'll update again soon with my upcoming projects. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment