Friday, September 19, 2014

Eating for Two


Well, it seems that I haven't posted anything since June... and now it's September. Time for an update! So, for anyone who doesn't know... I'm having a baby! Handsomeface and I found out two months ago, and here's how we told the world:


I'm almost through my first trimester already, so I figure I'd better sum up what's been going on.

Like I said above, we found out two months ago, on July 19 to be more specific. I took two home pregnancy tests that morning, since I was unreasonably worried about the possibility of a false positive. I hadn't needed to worry, they both showed the same result: baby! Michael and I didn't wait to tell family and friends; I didn't even know that was something people did until after we started making the calls. I don't regret it; it's been great having so much support since the very beginning!

I'm going to answer some of the main questions people might have down below, in survey form because I've always thought that was fun, so here are some things you might be wondering, and some things that sum up how life's been so far.

~ How far along are you? 13 weeks.
~ When are you due? March 25, 2015.
~ Have you thought about names? Yep! Munchkin for a boy and Goofer Bean for a girl.
~ Will you find out if it's a boy or a girl? Yes, and it won't be a secret. I can't keep secrets when I'm that excited about them!
~ What are you hoping for? Well, I try not to have a preference, but I find myself referring to the baby as "she" a lot. Take that as you will.
~ Are you sleeping okay? Most nights I wake up and have to use the bathroom... At least it's just once a night, for now.
~ Are you having any morning sickness? No, but if I'm hungry, I'll get kind of nauseated.
~ How about weird cravings? Anything Mexican-American. Burritos, quesadillas, chimichangas, tortilla chips with salsa... Pickles, too, dill pickles. Also, I can end up craving almost any food that anyone mentions or that I see a picture of.
~ How are you feeling? Hungry, oh, so hungry. The title of this post comes from the fact that hunger is my biggest pregnancy symptom. I am so hungry so much of the time it feels like I can't keep up. I can eat so much in one sitting and all of it tastes so good. Also, tired, but I'm starting to have some more energetic days again.
~ What's your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Being really thirsty all the time, but knowing that proper hydration equals trips to the bathroom every hour.
~ What's your favorite part of pregnancy so far? Knowing there's an itty bitty person inside me, wiggling around and growing like there's no tomorrow!
~ What are looking forward to right now? My next prenatal appointment.
~ Milestones: Wednesday, Sept. 10, first time hearing the heartbeat. 150 bpm. I might write about that sometime, it was magical!


Hopefully, I'll be able to update a little more frequently than once every trimester; I've reduced my hours at work (I was getting burned out working 10 hours a day, and never getting any chores done at home) and I think the full-time job was the main reason I hadn't written in a while. Since the reduction in hours, I've just about caught up on laundry, and maybe (hopefully!) I'll soon have some time and energy to start making things again! I've got a list of projects that I owe people (including myself), and I can't wait to get working on some of them!

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment