Sunday, June 29, 2014

Life Never Stops

It's been a very long time since I posted last... I don't have much to write about, but I figure in case anyone actually reads this, I should try to put out some kind of blurb now and then. For this one, I'll just update on how my life is going, and make a smallish announcement.

Here's the update: We've been in the same apartment for more than six months now, which alternately makes me feel excited (Yay for not moving every 2-3 months!) and distressed (There are still unpacked things piled everywhere and I can't seem to make any progress). School's out for the summer, so I'm nannying again (a very cute, very active three-year-old boy). It takes up most of my time and a lot of my energy, but he cheers when he sees me pull into their driveway and quotes Pete the Cat (a kids' book, for anyone who doesn't know) with me when we go on walks around the neighborhood, so it's good. Michael has been stepping up to take care of all the chores I usually do around the house, and is just in general being very sweet and awesome and taking care of me. We're both hoping that he can find more regular work so that I can cut down on hours and be more of a housewife, since I really am better at housewife-ing than bringing home the bacon... He's working hard on finding and pursuing job options; it just takes time, I guess. Anyway... that's life. Not very interesting to read about, but it's still good.

Anyway, this brings me to the announcement. Here it is: I will not be taking on any new projects until January 1, 2016. I have quite a list of things I either owe people or want to do for myself, and if I keep adding more I'll keep feeling like I'm never making progress... so that's that. Rest assured, if you've already commissioned me to make something for you, it's on my high-priority list. If not... I'm sorry. If I get a lot of projects done before 2015's out, I'll get started on some new ones, but I don't know what life's going to throw at me between now and then. So that's how things are going. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wise of you to put limits on your time and energy, and committing to finishing what you have started! I hope things iron out job-wise for you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete