Sunday, August 19, 2012
Wedding Project #1: Headbands
I finally have pictures of more of the wedding projects I've been doing! The first project I did was making rosettes to add to the bridesmaids' headbands. We bought plain purple headbands, but I wanted to tie in the blue of the denim jackets they'll be wearing, so I decided to make denim rosettes to sew on. The best rosettes tutorial I found online involved box-pleated ribbon trim... but I still wanted denim, and was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to find box-pleated denim trim at my local fabric store, so I spent quite some time folding, pinning, and stitching strips cut from old jeans. It got pretty boring after a while, but I'm really happy with the results! The flower girl's headband uses store bought ribbon flowers, and my mother helped me out by putting it together. My sister, the maid of honor, will be wearing the purple rose clip.