Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Projects, Old Projects

Hello, world! It's been a while since I've posted; I hope nobody's lost interest! I've been preparing for my October wedding, so I've been quite busy with new projects. I'm making several things myself. I'm making my own veil, since I don't like tulle, and nobody seems to sell veils made of anything else. I found some gorgeous chiffon and have spent the day cutting and hemming it. I couldn't find a flower girl dress I liked either, so I'm making one (I'm very excited about this project in particular!) My mother also commissioned me to make her a custom necklace to match her mother of the bride dress, so I'll be working on that soon, and I found this great idea on pinterest for the groomsmen's boutonnieres, so my mother and I will be making those, too. (If anyone knows the original source of the boutonniere picture, please let me know so I can give them credit!) I'll be posting pictures of my projects once they're finished, of course.
I thought I'd add a few pictures of older projects here too, just for fun. I hope you enjoy them!

I drew this when I was 16, and it's always been rather a
favorite of mine.

Another project I did in high school, a little later on.  It was such a fun
way to explore value and texture! My low quality scanner blurred
the bottom left a bit, alas.
I drew this self-portrait during my sophomore year of college. It made
it into my college gallery's juried show, and was a favorite of my
drawing/painting professor. There's some glare on the photo due
to my lazy/paranoid photography; I didn't want
to take it out of the frame.
I did this during my sophomore year too, I think. Using the colored pencil on a
darker paper led to interesting results. 

This is the most recent, done during my senior year. It's illustrating
"The Gift of the Magi", by O. Henry, one of my favorite short stories.



4 comments:

  1. Ha, that's funny. I did a self portrait my sophmore year too that got into my end of the year juried show, that's kind of hilarious...of course I love your Caiathaine and horse ones, some of my favorites of yours :) The colored pencil on the dark paper is really cool, I may have to snitch the idea, it looks very luminous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to show off some old favorites. As far as the colored pencil goes, see if you can get your hands on a set of Prismacolors (if you haven't already). They are so smooth and bright; I love working with them!

      Delete
    2. *nods* Yeah, I am already a prismacolor snob ;) Particularly verithin prismacolor, bereols are too think pointed for my particular style...

      Delete
  2. Yes, I always use the Verithins too.

    ReplyDelete