Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hodge Podge


Hey, readers! This is going to be a regular hodge-podge of a post. I've been wanting to update for a while, but life's busy!  So here's what's been happening during the last couple months!

In April, my husband and I did a drawing challenge together-- we each drew the same character (DC Comics'  Supergirl), and we switched off now and then to add to/adjust/correct each other's drawing. Here are our results :

Handsomeface drew the top image, I drew the bottom.

Supergirl; full image

This was my first time using Copic markers, and it was a lot of fun. I like the bold colors and crisp shading. I did get pretty lazy on the background, but I think the rest turned out pretty well!

My next project was a little stuffed bunny made to match my sweet daughter's first birthday dress (which you can read about here, if you'd like).  She was super curious about it the whole time I worked on it, and as soon as I finally finished and gave it to her, it became an instant favorite!

Goofer Bean showing off Baby Bunny.

The dress and the bunny.

Aren't they just adorable?

My next big project was another husband-inspired one. At the beginning of May, Handsomeface mentioned that he wanted to come up with a quick and easy costume to wear for Free Comic Book Day. We started talking about his, and I decided I wanted one too! I decided on Rey from Star Wars : The Force Awakens. My husband was skeptical at first, but I was determined. It's a lot easier than it looks-- Sometime soon I want to do a tutorial post on how I put it together, but as I don't have any progress shots, I need to draw up a few diagrams first. For now, here's the finished project! I helped a little with Handsomeface's costume too, fitting the pants, whipping the scarf together, and coming up with a way to make a mask fit over his glasses. There may eventually be a tutorial about that last one, too.

Cosplay is so much fun!

Detail shot.

Me and Mr. Marvel.

At the beginning of June, I made a tunic top for Goofer Bean using a pattern from the blog  Smashed Peas and Carrots. I modified it quite a bit to showcase a few different fabrics, and to make it reversible. It turned out a bit big, but I'm pleased with it. Of course, Goofer Bean looks mind-blowingly cute in it, too.

Dollbaby.




























Sittin' pretty!

The back.

The two designs.

Finally, I've been working on building inventory for my business, Rhymes with Finesse  Studios. I've been doing mostly jewelry, and have a few plushies lined up. If you'd like to see what I sell, please follow the link above! Here's a quick sample of what I offer.

For sale here.















For sale here.

For sale here.

To wrap up, I'll leave you with a picture of a current work in progress. I hope you enjoyed the update! Thanks for reading!

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment